2019 Blue Ribbon Awards
- The project must have been completed in Connecticut or Western Massachusetts between January 1 and December 31, 2019
- 2019 Blue Ribbon Award Showcase Categories
- When nominating a project, you will be asked to place it into one of the following award categories*:
- Best in Class: Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Multifamily/Residential, Life Sciences
- Best Interior Design Project
- Best Specialty Project (i.e., Adaptive Reuse/Building Repositioning, Historic, Transit-Oriented Development, or other)
- Best Sustainable Design Project
- Community Impact Award
- Deal of the Year
- Workplace Innovation Award
- All projects in above categories qualify for:
- People's Choice Award – voted on by event attendees
- Blue Ribbon (best overall project) – judges make this selection from the nominated projects
- The awards process gives special emphasis to those projects which have an important impact on the town/city, state, or region. In this way, projects large or small are given equal consideration.
- Projects will be evaluated on form, function and challenges faced during development. Applicants are strongly encouraged to identify any economic, geographic, bureaucratic and/or environmental challenges encountered during the project and how those challenges were overcome.
- Projects need not meet all criteria except item 1 for submission. Preference will be given to those projects that specifically address the community impacts of the project and/or developmental and construction challenges and how the project was accomplished.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please provide ALL information requested on nomination form. Quality and completeness of information is looked on favorably. Tell your project story and relate it to the judging criteria.
*Disclaimer: We reserve the right to re-categorize your project and add additional project categories at the judges’ discretion.
Each entry/project entitles you to display your project in the special Peoples' Choice gallery area.
Plan to prepare a presentation board of your nominated project (no larger than 30 x 40) that will be prominently displayed* in the People's Choice gallery during the voting process.
*Please note that you are responsible for providing your own easel or tripod stand for the display.