Our Professional Development Committee, co-chaired by Betty Horne and Attorney Laura Cardillo, hosted the first of a series of Lunch and Learn events on May 14th at Red Thread. The topic was the Impact of Technology Trends on Real Estate. The presenter, John Mitton, CTO and VP of Audiovisual Technology at Red Thread addressed trends impacting workplace transformation.
Identified trends in workplace spaces are:
- Move of corporate headquarters from suburban to urban locations
- Versatile workspaces
- 4 X as many employees work outside of the office than five years ago
- Company data is in the cloud and accessible anywhere
- Major generational differences in use of technology; Gen Z, born after 1999 indicate in surveys that 91% say tech will be a factor selecting a job
- Cloud-based videoconferencing is growing
- Use of sensors in workspaces which determine room temp, etc.
- CEO’s are more engaged than ever in design of workplaces to support their culture and employee engagement
If you would like more detailed information about the program, contact Betty Horne. We look forward to the announcement of two additional technology oriented programs during the year.