Welcome to the third edition of our CREW Connecticut newsletter. Happy fall
and all things autumnal
(my favorite season)! In this issue you will find highlights of our recent events, news from the Network Convention, and “plugs” for our year end gatherings.
– We have taken advantage of the warm weather and the outdoors! July found many of our members, sponsors and guests sharing food and drink at the lovely Essex Yacht Club
for our annual summer outing. Our “wall of wine” raised nearly $1000 for our Network Convention scholarship and Network Foundation. On an afternoon when it was actually NOT raining later in July, some CREW golfers gathered for an informal round of 9 holes at Rockledge Golf Course
. In September, we explored unconscious bias
with Network past-President, Christine Gorham, over lunch at the Farmington Club. Our coffee chats continued in September with our first in-person caffeinated
catch up hosted by Rita Joy and our friends at Interscape
. Members and their guests have been showing up for CREW CT, happy to be in person and engaged! We love it – and hope to keep that vibe going as we head towards the holidays.
– CREW hosted its annual convention in Las Vegas
in September. Our (small but mighty) chapter represented with three in-person attendees: our President-elect (2022) – Dinora Lopez
, our delegate – Janet Wheeler
, and our scholarship recipient – Cheryl Newton
. Some of our other CT members took advantage of the virtual option, and while they may not have been able to attend the Foundation gala at Liberace’s mansion (!), they did benefit from the amazing speakers (including Sarah Thomas from the NFL
) and small group engagement from the comfort of their own homes. CREW Network launched a few initiatives from Las Vegas, including the “CRE Pledge for Action”
to increase women and DEI in our industry workforce, and “CREW Councils”
, a platform to bring members together by industry and leadership.
Mark Your Calendars
– As the holidays draw near, please join us for:
- Thursday, October 21 – Fall Members’ Dinner at the North House (registration is open on the CREW CT website)
- Thursday, December 2 – Holiday Gathering at the Pond House (more details to come!)
Also, 2022 membership renewal and sponsorship season is upon us. Be on the lookout for those emails!
I am delighted that we continue to bring in new members throughout 2021! Please welcome the following individuals to CREW CT:
- Licia Ciotti, United Property Restoration Services
- Lilia Hrekil, Shipman & Goodwin LLP
- Jordana Langford, BL Companies
Our continued thanks to our sponsors
– their support has made 2021 a terrific year so far!
Enjoy the sweater weather!
2021 Board Members
Professional Development Committee
Blue Ribbon Awards Committee